miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2010

How to reach your full potential for God, by Charles Stanley


Let’s go straight to the point: What is this book about? Spiritual growth. Not ‘personal’ because that’s contained in the ‘spiritual’ tag.

The message is really simple and powerful: You have potential.

You were created by the greatest God, for a greatest purpose. And if you settle for anything less than that… well… you loose. That’s it.

Being a Christian/Husband/Pastor I often need any help available out there and this book was both helpful and challenging. I though that it would be like a theory manual but it was the exact opposite (which is a really good surprise).

Although at the beginning it flows like a quiet and huge river, it gradually become fast and strong stream of life.

The part of the pure mind and heart was specially challenging for me because I’m completely sure that, if I don’t have sanctity in my life, I will fail in the ministry.

I also was shocked about the Lord’s timing in my life, because too often, when I was reading about specific topics in the book (like fearing the plan of God or being insecure about a decision taken under the Holy Spirit guidance), I was actually living them in my life, my home or my church.

If you really want to serve God with all the potential that you have and reach that destiny you were created for, I strongly recommend you to read this great book.

And, if you’re like me, I also advice you this: Read it slowly and meditate on the truths that God is communicating to you through Charles Stanley’s writing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.