lunes, 7 de diciembre de 2009

FEARLESS by Max Lucado


Problems, troubles, crisis, slowdowns, plagues, natural disasters, terrorism, wars, epidemics, debt, violence, hunger, poverty, economical crashes, world heating, death, doubt, sickness, challenges, rainy days, deception, calamity, mistrust, media, headlines, losing, future, present, past... In a word: LIFE.

This is the theme of Max Lucado’s latest book. The life and all the fears that makes us live it the way we live it, or should I say: ‘The way we suffer it’? We have learned to fear and we can’t live without our daily super-extra-dose of angst.

But life wasn’t supposed to be that way.

This book was so helpful to me because I have lived pretty much with every fear on the list (in different times of my life). In top of that, my sister died a couple of months prior to my reading of ‘Fearless’ and that made the timing perfect.

I didn’t know how much the Lord touched the fear issue and the author unfolded that powerful truth in front of my eyes with such simplicity that made me think: My fear is ridicule!

Time after time the commandment is the same: Fear not! Fear not! Fear not!

But… Why? Why shouldn’t we fear?

First: because we were made for God’s glory, not fear’s. Second: God didn’t let us without direction: we know that life is hard, but that doesn’t mean that we should angst and lose our head about it. And third: Before a new baby is born, there will always be a little pain.

So let's be Fearless and jump like children into our Father's ship of rest!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.